Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Paper Pups Happy Birthday


Puppies are so adorable!  I LOVE this Paper Pups Cricut cartridge!  Don't worry, even though I'm doing lots of Paper Pups projects right now, I will have some new cartridges coming in after a few days and you'll get to see some different cuts. :)

Today, I stumbled upon the Inky and Scrappy blog, and I'm so glad I did!  They are having a Birthday Celebration Blog Hop this week!  How fun is that?!

Here is the card I made today to play along.  Simple, easy, fast.... just how I like to craft. :)

Here's a tip for you:  (and you may already do this)

When crafting your cards, cut out 2 of everything you do.  You already have all the supplies out anyway, so it's not a big deal to just cut 2, stamp 2, etc.  Then slip the duplicate of your creation into an envelope and stick it in your file labeled, "Card Kits" or "Layout Kits", etc.  Not only does this keep a pattern of everything you make, but it gives you quick and easy cards when you are in a hurry.

I've started a file for Card Kits to mail to my Mama.  You may remember, or may not be aware, but late last year she fell and broke her femur at the same time damaging her previous hip replacement.  She underwent extensive surgery to replace the previous hip replacement and put a rod in her thigh for that break.  It was very difficult and painful for her and for us.  We almost lost her.

She has recovered somewhat, not 100%, and still attends therapy.  She can't drive anymore and can't bend and move around like she'd like.  She loves to craft, but can't get up and down to hunt supplies or even to go to the craft store and shop on her own anymore.

SO......  I started a duplicate card file for her.  When I make a card now, I put all the supplies to duplicate the card in a file for her.  Once my file is full, I'll mail her a package for her to play and craft with.  She'll love it!  She's been asking me to send her some cuts, so I know she'll have a lot of fun with this.

If anyone wants to send her some of your duplicate kits, just let me know and I'll share her address with you.  Such an easy way to make someone so happy.  :)  And that makes me feel good knowing I could make her smile.

Here are all the details on the Paper Pups Birthday card for the Crafty Creations Birthday CelebrationDon't forget to visit them and participate! 

  • Cricut Cartridge - Paper Pups.  
  • Happy Birthday page 92 Circle function 2 1/2" using Navy Blue cardstock from stash.  Adhered with ZIG 2-way glue pen.
  • Puppy page 93 cut at 2 1/4".  White cut on blackout feature.  Tan cut on regular feature. Adhered with Pop Dots.
  • Card base Peach from Value Pack pre-scored for easy folding! (I'll never cut 8 1/2" x 11" paper again.)
  • Flower berry mat from K and Company - Berry Sweet, cut at 5 1/4" x 4", adhered with Scotch Photo Splits (I think I am now addicted to K and Company double sided pattern paper.  Oh my gosh!  It's so gorgeous!)
  • Yellow balloon mat from K and Company - Berry Sweet, cut at 5" x 3 3/4", adhered with Scotch Photo Splits
  • 3 blue jeweled brads from stash, Crop-a-dile used to punch 3 holes
Hugs and Smiles to you all!  Thanks for all your comments, they make me smile!  Janis

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet puppy!! Great birthday card!! Thanks for playing our celebration challenge at Crafty Creations!!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for helping us celebrate this week on crafty creation with your cute fun card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us in our celebration challenge for our first Blogging challenge Birthday at Crafty Creations! Lovely project - Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete