Monday, October 31, 2011

Crocheted Scarves for Paper Playtime's Ch#59 - Anything Goes

Happy Halloween!
Today is the beginning of a special 1 week challenge over at Paper Playtime.
Ch# 59 - ANYTHING GOES with Past or Present Projects!
I chose to post my 2 scarves I've recently crocheted for 2 of our daughters.

Project #288 and Project #289 made this year
 This first crocheted scarf I made for our special needs daughter, Bonnie. It's got lots of bright, pretty colors in it for her to enjoy. Then I went around the edges and trimmed it in white. She's already wearing it on our walks outside and loves it. It makes me so happy that she is enjoying this so much. And it was so easy to crochet. The entire scarf was made with colored yarn from Vanna's Choice yarn and white yarn from Red Heart and holding 2 yarns together. I love the thickness and softness of the Vanna's Choice yarn.

#289
 I got the easy pattern from one of my books called 154 CROCHET WAVE PATTERNS by Leisure Arts.

 What I really like about this book is that it gives you the pattern repeat count so you can make whatever you want as long or as short as you want and know the pattern will always end at the right place. This is pattern #80 in the book called "Quick & Easy Chevrons." You just chain a multiple of 8 until you reach the length you want then add 3 more chains before turning to start Row 1.

#288
Here is the same pattern in a scarf of burgundy & black for our college Senior for her USC Fighting Gamecocks school colors! The entire scarf was crocheted holding 1 black and 1 burgundy together of the Red Heart yarn. I love that the Red Heart yarn doesn't cost as much and you get more on the skien than with other yarns.

Hop over to Paper Playtime to see what all the other Designers have chosen to post to inspire you in this challenge. You can enter our challenge here, directly from my blog on this post, or at Paper Playtime.
Have a great Halloween! :) Janis
...

No comments:

Post a Comment